Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan says he and the entire team of his latest release “Phantom” are happy with the kind of response the film has received from the audience.
“With the kind of film that it is… it is good. We are happy with what response we are getting,” the 45-year-old actor told PTI.
“‘Agent Vinod’ opens at Rs 10 crore, ‘Race’ opens at Rs 14 crore, ‘Happy Ending’ opened at Rs 4 crore, ‘Humshakals’ opened at Rs 12 crore, ‘Bullet Raja’ opens at Rs 6 crore. There is a whole range,” he added.
“Phantom”, an action-thriller is based on the aftermath of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks. It also stars Katrina Kaif.
The “Love Aaj Kal” star said he does not choose projects based on their opening figures.
“That is the one thing one should do logically but it depends on what is offered. ‘Phantom’ is a heavy film. And it would not open the way ‘Race’ did. It will have opening like ‘Baby’. Today there is awareness about films,” Saif said.
- EXCLUSIVE | Tiger Zinda Hai director Ali Abbas Zafar on Salman Khan: I can push him to do things which others cannot
- Kaalakaandi box office collection day 2: Saif Ali Khan starrer continues its slow and steady pace; earns Rs. 2.45 Crore
- Overwhelming, satisfying: Katrina Kaif on Tiger Zinda Hai success
- Katrina Kaif very passionate about her work: Saif Ali Khan
- Anybody would be lucky to have Katrina Kaif as girlfriend: Saif Ali Khan
- I feel secure with Kabir Khan as my director: Saif Ali Khan
For him, success is a mix of numbers at the box office and critical acclaim.
“For me box office numbers alone doesn’t mean success. Success to me means many things… being happy, satisfied. For an actor it should be mix of box office and critical acclaim,” he added.
“People have liked me in different kind of films like ‘Ek Hasina Thi’, ‘Omkara’, ‘Hum Tum’, ‘Love Aaj Kal’, ‘Cocktail’ and others. It feels great to have been accepted in various kinds of films,” he added.