In his five-year-long career, Rajkumar Rao has managed to stay away from repetitive roles and the actor is thankful to his filmmakers, who have always offered him different and challenging projects.
The 30-year-old actor’s career has been a mixed bag, having starred in films of different genre like anthology “Love Sex Aur Dhokha”, horror “Ragini MMS”, thriller “Shaitan”, dramas “Kai Po Che” and “CityLights”, his National Award-winning “Shahid”, comedy-dramas “Queen” and “Dolly Ki Doli”.
“God has been kind to me. I am doing the kind of work which is fresh and different. I am not getting typecast and I am thankful for my directors and producers for that… I feel there is so much more to do and so much more to offer as an actor. I can only hope that it gets better from here,” Rajkumar told PTI.
The actor, who is currently seen in Mohit Suri’s love saga “Hamari Adhuri Kahani”, has emerged as one of the most sought after actors in recent times. Rajkumar said he does not believe in competition with his contemporaries as his fight is with himself.
“My competition is my last performance. If I see that I have done better than my last film then I feel happy about it. I want to grow as an actor, so my competition is just comparing myself to me,” he said.
- A look back at the box office performance of Omerta actor Rajkummar Rao’s last five films
- Dia Mirza on working in Sanju: I was terrified to be in front of the camera after two years
- Sanju teaser to be unveiled today: Everything you need to know about the Sanjay Dutt biopic
- Rajkumar Hirani confirms Sanju teaser release will not happen during the IPL match
- Omerta actor Rajkummar Rao: My best is yet to come
- ‘City Lights’ is my toughest film: Rajkumar Rao
Rajkumar has recently wrapped up the shooting of Hansal Mehta’s “Aligarh”, which is based on the real-life incident of Dr Shrinivas Ramchandra Siras, who was suspended from his job because of his sexual-orientation.
He is also starring alongside veteran actress-politician Hema Malini in Ramesh Sippy’s “Shimla Mirchi”.
“Both Ramesh Sippy and Hema Malini are seniors, both are legendary. Getting a chance to work with them is a big thing for me. I consider myself very lucky,” the actor said.