Bollywood’s timeless beauty Madhuri Dixit celebrates her 47th birthday today, May 15. As we wish her a wonderful year ahead, we bring you some of the lesser-known facts about this extraordinary onscreen talent.
1) Madhuri Dixit was paid a salary of Rs. 27,535,729 for her role in ‘Hum Aapke Hain Kaun’ opposite Salman Khan.
2) Madhuri Dixit is said to be the only actress in Bollywood to have nominated 13 times for the Filmfare Best Actress Award.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
3) Madhuri Dixit had no interest in joining films initially. She received a degree in Microbiology and wanted to become a microbiologist or a pathologist.
4) Famous Indian painter M.F Husain was so mesmerized by Madhuri Dixit’s beauty that he watched her blockbuster ‘Hum Aapke Hain Kaun’ 67 times. He also booked an entire theatre for her comeback flick, ‘Aaja Nachle’.
5) In early 2011, Madhuri declined the lead role in a Bollywood remake of ‘Freaky Friday’ which was to be helmed by former co-star Anil Kapoor and starring his daughter Sonam Kapoor.
6) In the song ‘Kahe Chedd Mohe’, Madhuri Dixit’s costume weighed 30 kilograms. She had some problems with the dance choreography because of this, but she eventually completed it.
7) Madhuri Dixit has two elder sisters, Rupa and Bharati, and an elder brother, Ajit.
8) Madhuri Dixit is an accomplished Kathak dancer and is trained in the dance for eight years.
9) Madhuri is the only heroine of her era who got choreographed by Kathak guru, Pandit Birju Maharaj for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Devdas’. She was thrilled when Pandit Birju Maharaj said that she is the best Bollywood dancer.
10) It’s no secret that Madhuri undoubtedly has a lot of fans all over the world. One of her beloved fans from Jamshedpur has even launched a calendar where the year begins with Madhuri’s birthday. He has even appealed to the government to declare Madhuri’s birthday as a public holiday.