Actress Shraddha Kapoor feels lucky to be a part of filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj’s upcoming project ‘Haider’ at such an early stage of her career.
‘Haider’, an adaptation of ‘Hamlet’ and completes Bhardwaj’s trilogy of William Shakespeare’s tragedies after ‘Macbeth’ and ‘Othello’, has a stellar star cast of Shahid Kapoor, Tabu, Kay Kay Menon, Irrfan besides the actress.
“I still can’t believe that I am a part of Vishal sir’s ‘Haider’. It’s such a surreal experience for me. I am lucky that he has given me this opportunity at such an early stage of my career.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“It has an ensemble starcast of veteran actors like Tabu, Kay Kay Menon and Irrfan. I feel it’s an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” Shraddha, who is just four-films-old in the
industry, told PTI.
In the film adaptation, Shraddha is playing Hamlet’s tragic lover Ophelia.
“Vishal sir has adapted the play brilliantly with an Indian setting. I am playing a press reporter Arshia, which is am amalgamation of Shakespeare’s Ophelia and Horatio (a friend to Hamlet). I read ‘Hamlet’ in my school but I don’t remember it well. Sir’s (Vishal) script was enough to understand all these characters,” she said.
After the success of ‘Teri galiyan’ in ‘Ek Villain’, Sharaddha has once again sung a Kashmiri folk song in ‘Haider’.
“Arshia is a Kasmiri girl and the role is different. I need to understand the way a Kashmiri girl behaves and Vishal sir helped me with that. Tabu ma’am and I sang for the film but we didn’t sing together,” she said.
Shot primarily in Kashmir, ‘Haider’ will hit theatres on October 2 along with Hrithik Roshan-starrer ‘Bang Bang’.