Actress Shraddha Kapoor feels lucky to be a part of filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj’s upcoming project ‘Haider’ at such an early stage of her career.
‘Haider’, an adaptation of ‘Hamlet’ and completes Bhardwaj’s trilogy of William Shakespeare’s tragedies after ‘Macbeth’ and ‘Othello’, has a stellar star cast of Shahid Kapoor, Tabu, Kay Kay Menon, Irrfan besides the actress.
“I still can’t believe that I am a part of Vishal sir’s ‘Haider’. It’s such a surreal experience for me. I am lucky that he has given me this opportunity at such an early stage of my career.
“It has an ensemble starcast of veteran actors like Tabu, Kay Kay Menon and Irrfan. I feel it’s an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” Shraddha, who is just four-films-old in the
industry, told PTI.
In the film adaptation, Shraddha is playing Hamlet’s tragic lover Ophelia.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Vishal sir has adapted the play brilliantly with an Indian setting. I am playing a press reporter Arshia, which is am amalgamation of Shakespeare’s Ophelia and Horatio (a friend to Hamlet). I read ‘Hamlet’ in my school but I don’t remember it well. Sir’s (Vishal) script was enough to understand all these characters,” she said.
After the success of ‘Teri galiyan’ in ‘Ek Villain’, Sharaddha has once again sung a Kashmiri folk song in ‘Haider’.
“Arshia is a Kasmiri girl and the role is different. I need to understand the way a Kashmiri girl behaves and Vishal sir helped me with that. Tabu ma’am and I sang for the film but we didn’t sing together,” she said.
Shot primarily in Kashmir, ‘Haider’ will hit theatres on October 2 along with Hrithik Roshan-starrer ‘Bang Bang’.