Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor, whose upcoming film ‘Haider‘ is set to clash with superstar Hrithik Roshan‘s ‘Bang Bang’ on October 2, feels that both the films can sustain together because they cater to different audiences.
“I saw the promo of ‘Bang Bang’ and I loved it and I will definitely go and see the film. I wished good luck to Hrithik. It is a five-day weekend, the five-day holiday period is coming after a long time and I think any big holiday weekend is good enough for two films to sustain. Two big films can release (together), there is no problem,” Shahid Kapoor said in an interview here.
While Vishal Bharadwaj’s ‘Haider‘ is a desi adaptation of William Shakespeare’s ‘Hamlet’, starring Shahid, Tabu, Irrfan Khan, Kay Kay Menon and Shraddha Kapoor, ‘Bang Bang’, directed by Siddharth Raj Anand, is a remake of the hit Hollywood movie ‘Knight and Day’, with Hrithik and Katrina Kaif in the lead.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I think if ‘Haider’ is black then ‘Bang Bang’ is white. What ‘Haider‘ is offering you that ‘Bang Bang’ can’t offer and vice versa. We are confident about our film. Our film is not very expensive so we have nothing to lose. So getting a five-day weekend is fantastic for a film like ours,”
Shahid Kapoor said.
The actor feels that both the films are of different genres and will cater to audiences with different tastes.
“I don’t think there is going to be any confusion for people. If people want to see something edgy, different and out-of-the-box then they will see ‘Haider’ and if people want to see something entertaining, fun and a potboiler then they will see ‘Bang Bang’. Had there been two similar kinds of
films then it would be a different scenario but that is not the case here,” he added.
It is obvious that both the films will vie for good box office result as their trailers have already got a thumps up from the audience and both Shahid and Hrithik have a huge fan following.
Apart from ‘Haider’, Shahid, 33, seems all excited about ‘Shandaar’, a film by Vikas Bahl. “It is drastically different from ‘Haider’. I am very excited to do it. I saw ‘Queen’ six months before it got released. Vikas and I have been talking about doing a film for long time. He told me a one line about this film -destination wedding and I thought it was a wonderful idea,” Shahid said.
For ‘Shandaar’, Shahid will be teaming up with Alia Bhatt for the first time. “We are shooting in UK for this film. It has Alia and me and there will be an interesting announcement about the film soon and I am excited about it. I am happy to be working with Alia. Suddenly, I am working with these young girls. She (Alia) is fantastic,” Shahid said.
In ‘Haider’, Shahid will be also seen romancing a younger actress Shraddha Kapoor.
“Newcomers know a lot more about films than we did, before they start their journey in the industry. I think you learn from them, they are very talented. I think it is great time to be around,” Shahid said.
“There is opportunity for everyone. Today the options available for actors are lot more. With more and more newcomers coming in, it has become lot more competitive and it is good as you have to do your best,” he said.