Arun Dutt, son of legendary Hindi film actor-director Guru Dutt, passed away in a city hospital due to a kidney ailment, a family source said.
Arun, 58, passed away yesterday and is survived by wife and two daughters. A recluse, Arun was credited for his untiring efforts to keep his famous father’s legacy alive by organising Guru Dutt films festivals in India and abroad.
The film festival revived interest of subsequent generations in the movie icon, who made and directed immortal films such as ‘Pyasa’ and ‘Kagaz ke Phool’.
Arun, who held all rights of his father’s work, had carried out a project for digitisation of his films to
preserve them for posterity and also floated a dance and acting academy in the legendary director’s memory.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More