Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra’s latest movie ‘Gunday’ has hit a bullseye at the box office and collected over Rs.40 crore in its opening weekend. ‘Gunday‘, which released on Friday (February 14) has minted Rs.43.93 crore.
Tweeting the box office report card of the movie, film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh said the movie is expected to do well over in the next few days and the next weekend too. “#Gunday Fri 16.12 cr, Sat 12.63 cr, Sun 15.18 cr. Total: ₹ 43.93 cr nett. India biz only. Excellent!
Despite poor to average reviews, the movie has managed to pull crowds to the theatres. According to reports, theatres have had 80 per cent occupancy and is likely to go up this week too. (Pics: Bollywood biggies at Gunday screening)
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The songs – Tuney Maari Entriyaan, ‘Asalam-e-Ishqum’ seem to have pulled the crowds to theatres. Plus bromance genre, which has not been seen for a while on the big screen, has also done wonders for the movie. Fans have loved the onscreen and offscreen chemistry between Ranveer and Arjun.
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who had watched ‘Gunday’s special screening a day before its release had also praised the movie and termed it “an adrenaline-packed movie”.
“Gunday”, made on an approximate budget of Rs.50 crore, was reportedly released at over 2,000 screens across India.