Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra’s latest movie ‘Gunday’ has hit a bullseye at the box office and collected over Rs.40 crore in its opening weekend. ‘Gunday‘, which released on Friday (February 14) has minted Rs.43.93 crore.
Tweeting the box office report card of the movie, film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh said the movie is expected to do well over in the next few days and the next weekend too. “#Gunday Fri 16.12 cr, Sat 12.63 cr, Sun 15.18 cr. Total: ₹ 43.93 cr nett. India biz only. Excellent!
Despite poor to average reviews, the movie has managed to pull crowds to the theatres. According to reports, theatres have had 80 per cent occupancy and is likely to go up this week too. (Pics: Bollywood biggies at Gunday screening)
The songs – Tuney Maari Entriyaan, ‘Asalam-e-Ishqum’ seem to have pulled the crowds to theatres. Plus bromance genre, which has not been seen for a while on the big screen, has also done wonders for the movie. Fans have loved the onscreen and offscreen chemistry between Ranveer and Arjun.
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who had watched ‘Gunday’s special screening a day before its release had also praised the movie and termed it “an adrenaline-packed movie”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Gunday”, made on an approximate budget of Rs.50 crore, was reportedly released at over 2,000 screens across India.