The film, which will be directed by Soni Razdan, is based on the infamous Kawas Manekshaw Nanavati case of 1959. The story is about a naval commander who was tried for murdering his British wife’s lover.
Since the movie revolves around the elite society of Mumbai in the 1950s, both the actors are doing a lot of research to prepare for their roles.
- Kalki Koechlin looks cute as a button in this lovely ivory gown
- Vidya Balan’s comment on ‘Margarita With A Straw’ was special for me: Kalki Koechlin
- Gulshan Devaiah upbeat about first film as lead protagonist
- Gulshan Devaiah to make a special appearance in Junooniyat
- ‘Happy Ending’ is a spoof on Bollywood: Kalki Koechlin
- Kalki Koechlin stars in Soni Razdan’s Love Affair
“Kalki and I are watching a lot of old American and European films from the 1940s and the 1950s. We are trying to understand the culture and fashion of that time. We have read our scenes together, and have discussed how we can incorporate some of those elements in our film. We share a good working relationship, which helps us enjoy the rehearsals,” Gulshan said.
The good rapport between the actors is helping them prepare for the film.
A source close to Gulshan said: “They have been watching a lot of movies from that era. They have also been reading books to understand the kind of language people used… They are also visiting different designers to learn about the style that was followed back in the day.”
Apart from “Love Affair”, Gulshan would also be seen in Pooja Bhatt’s “Cabaret” and Vivek Agnihotri’s “Junooniyat”.