Producer Anubhav Sinha says his upcoming film ‘Gulaab Gang’ is a commercial potboiler and he does not think of it as a risky proposition.
‘Gulaab Gang’ stars two powerful actresses – Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla as the leading ladies of the film.
Anubhav does not feel the film is women-centric.
“I do not see it as a women-centric film. I liked the story and found it a commercial potboiler. I was not sceptical to back it as the cost of production was not that big. I did not think it as a risky proposition,” Anubhav told PTI.
The makers always had Madhuri and Juhi in mind for the film.
Anubhav says bringing the two senior actresses onboard together for the film was not difficult.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“It was not difficult to bring them on board. I was apprehensive how the film would be shot. But we are happy it has exactly turned out the way we had expected,” he said.
Considering Madhuri and Juhi were rivals when they were ruling Bollywood, there were reports that initially the two did not get along well.
“There were no fights or anything of that sort. There was no negativity. We had fun while doing the film,” Anubhav said.
In the film, Madhuri leads a group of women fighting against the social injustice, while Juhi will be seen in a negative role as a politician, for which she was not too convinced initially.
“She (Juhi) playing a villain… A negative role was something unexpected. Juhi first asked us to mellow down certain things. We did it but she realised that there was no point in doing that as that is the main essence of the film,” the filmmaker said.
Directed by Soumik Sen, ‘Gulaab Gang’ releases on March 7.