Aamir revealed that it was scriptwriter Javed Akhtar, who told Nasir that he should be a star. “I joined chacha jaan as an assistant director. It was towards the end of the shooting of Zabardast in Lonavla where Javed sahab had come to work on Mr India script.
“I was sitting in Nasir sahab’s room and Javed sahab walked in to say hi. When he asked about me, chacha jaan said, ‘He is Tahir’s son, he is assisting me’. “Javed sahab said, ‘Why is he an assistant? He should be a star!’ It’s quite ironical that both Shabana and Javed, who are together today, individually noticed me at separate places and said the same thing.”
Aamir, however, still didn’t have the courage to say that he wanted to make movies but luckily for him, his uncle realised his future was on showbiz.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“After that also I never had the courage to tell my uncle or father. I didn’t bring it up. I was so frightened. “One day I was with chacha jaan. He met someone and introduced me, saying, ‘Meet my nephew Aamir. He is the star of my next film’. I was like ‘whoa’. That’s how I got to know I would be acting in his next film. Then he called me a few days later and said he wants to make a love story with me,” he said.
In 1988, Aamir made his full-fledged acting debut with tragic romance Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak and true to Javed’s words, has been a star for more than 20 years now.
The panel discussion was held on the occasion of launch of Akshay Manwani’s book launch “Music, Masti, Modernity- The Cinema of Nasir Hussain”.