S.S. Rajamouli’s magnum opus “Baahubali”, which has emerged as one of the biggest Indian blockbusters, has now caught the attention of international buyers, so much so that the distributors in Europe are fighting for its rights.
International rights of “Baahubali” have already been sold in Latin America and China among a few places outside of India.
“There’s a great demand for ‘Baahubali’ in Europe. Never before there’s been so much demand for an Indian film. Several distributors are literally fighting to buy the film’s rights. This is really good from Indian films’ perspective,” filmmaker and European distributor Pierre Assouline said here.
- Raveena Tandon parties with Baahubali stars in Hyderabad, shares her joy on Instagram
- Baahubali director SS Rajmouli : I'm not making Mahabharata, waiting for a subject to touch my heart
- Baahubali actor Rana Daggubati on his International project, Hyderabad drug case and his new found love of boxing
- Baahubali 2 box office collection day 1: SS Rajamouli film shatters records, earns Rs 217 cr worldwide
- 'Baahubali' to release in China in May
- S S Rajamouli’s magnum opus ‘Baahubali’ releases today
Talking on the sidelines of Indywood Film Market (IMF), he said: “Film market is the need of the hour. It helps in finding films international distributors. I’m sure there are many good Indian films that deserve a release in other countries as well”.
Assouline is among several distributors who’ve come to attend IMF, hoping to find Indian films to invest in.