After megastar Amitabh Bachchan, it is the turn of Bollywood actor Govinda to buy agricultural land in Uttar Pradesh. The “Partner” star has finalised a deal for a 30-bigha farm land in Mohanlalganj at the outskirts of this state capital.
While the Big B has a sprawling farmhouse spread over 35-bighas in Kakori, also in the state capital, Govinda has zeroed in on a land in Mohanlalganj.
Sources said the land originally belonged to the famous Mumbai smuggler of the 1980s Haji Mastan, it was donated by him to a local villager Abdullah, who now runs a poultry farm here.
- India’s first APMC yard established with near-zero government assistance
- Jaipur villagers dig themselves in: Won’t vacate this land for anyone
- Robert Vadra firm, Bikaner land deals under CBI scanner after Rajasthan calls for probe
- CBI begins probe into 18 land deals, including Robert Vadra-linked firm's
- Petition in Allahabad HC challenging land allotment to Patanjali
- David Dhawan on working with Govinda again: Why not? We have created history
Govinda along with his wife Sunita visited the farm house at Rani Khera late Wednesday and after seeing the land, approved it.
While mingling with villagers, he also enquired of the power situation in the area as also the kind of crops grown there, a source accompanying the actor told IANS.
District officials have already been approached for the registry of the land and the actor is likely to seal the deal before the weekend. The 51-year-old actor is staying at a five-star hotel in the city along with wife for the land deal.
Stand-up comedian and actor Krushna Abhishek, nephew of Govinda, has been frequenting the state capital for shows and is said to be having relatives in Indiranagar locality. A local property dealer Ram Vilas is brokering the purchase.