Govinda slapgate: I have been asked to say sorry and I am sorry

Written by Sonup Sahadevan | New Delhi | Updated: February 9, 2016 8:16 pm
Govinda, Govinda News, Govinda Slapgate, Govinda Slapgate case, Govinda Apologises, Slapgate, Slapgate Case, Govinda Apologises to fan, Govinda Offers compensation, Govinda Slaps fan, Entertainment news Govinda said that keeping in mind the Apex Court’s orders he had offered his fan an unconditional apology, respect as well as compensation as was decreed.

Actor Govinda today offered his unconditional apology to Santosh Rai, a fan who he had slapped on the sets of a film shoot in 2008. At a press conference organised by at his house, Govinda said that keeping in mind the Apex Court’s orders he had offered his fan an unconditional apology, respect as well as compensation as was decreed.

Said Govinda, “I have been asked to say sorry and I am saying it. I have done everything what I have been asked by the judiciary to do. He (Santosh Rai) wanted me to give him respect, an unconditional apology and compensation for all the monetary loss he has suffered for all these years. I have done all these in accordance with the Supreme Court’s decision. I have already met him and will meet him again.”

When we asked Govinda about the exact amount paid to Santosh Rai as compensation, the actor declined to comment. “It’s all in the case. I can’t disclose it. I have been asked not to disclose.”

Watch video: I have been asked to say sorry and I am sorry, says Govinda:

The actor also said that the case provided a tough time for him but he emerged out of it with the blessings of his mother. Govinda also indirectly hinted at the lack of support he received from both politics and Bollywood especially from people belonging the latter world who turned their backs on him during his tough days.

With regards to the slapgate case, the Coolie No 1 actor emphasised that he had no ego and held no bitterness against the fan and had done everything to the satisfaction of the judiciary and fan. However, the actor also strangely remarked that he would be interested in seeing the outcome of the deeds that he has performed as demanded by the fan.

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

1. B
    Bav
    Feb 9, 2016 at 3:44 pm
    He was filmed slapping a fan and it's taken 8 years to get to this conclusion. No wonder people think the court system is a joke.
      Sirius
      Feb 9, 2016 at 2:32 pm
      Mr. Govinda : Why the delay of 8 years ?
      1. C
        Chandra Shekar
        Feb 9, 2016 at 7:05 pm
        The celebrities like this guy and Saif Ali Khan think they are godsend . I guess they are elevated to this state by uneducated vine fans. They earn enough money for the 'acting'. They don't deserve any sympathy !
          Rajesh
          Feb 9, 2016 at 3:32 pm
          No need to apologize. People who watch your terrible movies deserve a tight slap.
          1. G
            Guestreader
            Feb 9, 2016 at 3:21 pm
            Govinda does not seem to be remorseful for what he did. It looks more like "let's get over it " atdude....This should not have take 8 years . And no one should support a bully.
              dhar shankar
              Feb 9, 2016 at 4:36 pm
              all your fans deserve a tight slap.
                shila
                Feb 11, 2016 at 3:05 am
                How you people can judge anyone without knowing the exact situation. And what about your comments which are already slapping other's feelings. First see your thoughts, actions and then talk about other's actions and atude. It doesn't mean that you can do anything you want because you are common person and he even cannot show his anger because he is celebrity.
                1. H
                  Hritik
                  Feb 10, 2016 at 1:24 am
                  These bloody actors think, they are Demi-Gods and can get away with ANYTHING. He in particular lacks humility and self-control. He left a a sense of bitterness with his stupid action