Actor Govinda today offered his unconditional apology to Santosh Rai, a fan who he had slapped on the sets of a film shoot in 2008. At a press conference organised by at his house, Govinda said that keeping in mind the Apex Court’s orders he had offered his fan an unconditional apology, respect as well as compensation as was decreed.
Said Govinda, “I have been asked to say sorry and I am saying it. I have done everything what I have been asked by the judiciary to do. He (Santosh Rai) wanted me to give him respect, an unconditional apology and compensation for all the monetary loss he has suffered for all these years. I have done all these in accordance with the Supreme Court’s decision. I have already met him and will meet him again.”
When we asked Govinda about the exact amount paid to Santosh Rai as compensation, the actor declined to comment. “It’s all in the case. I can’t disclose it. I have been asked not to disclose.”
The actor also said that the case provided a tough time for him but he emerged out of it with the blessings of his mother. Govinda also indirectly hinted at the lack of support he received from both politics and Bollywood especially from people belonging the latter world who turned their backs on him during his tough days.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
With regards to the slapgate case, the Coolie No 1 actor emphasised that he had no ego and held no bitterness against the fan and had done everything to the satisfaction of the judiciary and fan. However, the actor also strangely remarked that he would be interested in seeing the outcome of the deeds that he has performed as demanded by the fan.