Actor Govinda today offered his unconditional apology to Santosh Rai, a fan who he had slapped on the sets of a film shoot in 2008. At a press conference organised by at his house, Govinda said that keeping in mind the Apex Court’s orders he had offered his fan an unconditional apology, respect as well as compensation as was decreed.
Said Govinda, “I have been asked to say sorry and I am saying it. I have done everything what I have been asked by the judiciary to do. He (Santosh Rai) wanted me to give him respect, an unconditional apology and compensation for all the monetary loss he has suffered for all these years. I have done all these in accordance with the Supreme Court’s decision. I have already met him and will meet him again.”
When we asked Govinda about the exact amount paid to Santosh Rai as compensation, the actor declined to comment. “It’s all in the case. I can’t disclose it. I have been asked not to disclose.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The actor also said that the case provided a tough time for him but he emerged out of it with the blessings of his mother. Govinda also indirectly hinted at the lack of support he received from both politics and Bollywood especially from people belonging the latter world who turned their backs on him during his tough days.
With regards to the slapgate case, the Coolie No 1 actor emphasised that he had no ego and held no bitterness against the fan and had done everything to the satisfaction of the judiciary and fan. However, the actor also strangely remarked that he would be interested in seeing the outcome of the deeds that he has performed as demanded by the fan.