Rohit Shetty’s 2008 directorial Golmaal Returns was a blockbuster, but he says he knew that it was a crap film. The comedy drama, starring Ajay Devgn, Kareena Kapoor, Tusshar Kapoor and Arshad Warsi, is a part of the highly successful comedy franchise Golmaal.
While speaking at a panel discussion at the MAMI 18th Mumbai Film Festival with Star here, Shetty said that he can sense it when his film goes wrong. “I start getting that feeling when you are going wrong. My films are hardcore commercial films catering to a particular audience. So, you start getting that feeling that it won’t work at that level. I have been right about it twice or thrice,” he said.
After his film fails to create fireworks at the box office, how does he get back to making films? “We rectify ourselves…what all went wrong. Even if it is a hit, the whole team sits together and we introspect. Golmaal Returns was the biggest hit of those days…in 2008. But we knew, it’s a crap film,” said Shetty, who has given hits like “Chennai Express”, starring Shah Rukh Khan.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He also shared why some of his films, including the 2015 release “Dilwale”, which brought back SRK and Kajol together on the silver screen after a gap of five years, didn’t hit the jackpot.
“In ‘Singham Returns, the character went wrong. Dilwale-the whole Kajol-Shah Rukh story went wrong. You come to know where you are going wrong. And then you rectify and move forward,” said Shetty.