Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has no plans to foray into international cinema but appreciates actress Priyanka Chopra winning the People’s Choice Awards as he believes such achievements help introduce Indian cinema “in places where it needs to be introduced”.
The former Miss World won the Favourite Actress in a New TV series honour at the People’s Choice Awards in Los Angeles for American TV show “Quantico”.
“What happens with these achievements is Indian cinema is introduced in places where it needs to be introduced.
“It opens gates for more actors and actresses to look at,” Shah Rukh told the media at the launch of Kansai Nerolac’s coffee table book “Shades of Bengal”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Shah Rukh batted for promotion of Indian cinema in different territories not only as a business opportunity but also as a means to spread the country’s culture.
However, he reiterated his decision on sticking to Hindi films at the moment.
“I am very happy making the films that I do. I have made it clear many times earlier, I don’t think I will foray into it (international cinema),” he added.