Bollywood actress Sonal Sehgal says she is happy that a superstar like Shah Rukh Khan has extended support for the sport Muay Thai.
The Kick-Boxing sport uses stand-up striking along with various clinching techniques.
The “Aashayein” actress has been appointed as the brand ambassador for the Indian Muay Thai Federation 2016, for its Women’s team.
When asked if kick boxing needs to be promoted more in the country, Sonal told PTI, “From hockey to football, all other sports have faced this struggle. We now have a kick boxing team as part of the Asian Games in 2018 but many are unaware. I am glad someone like Shah Rukh Khan has supported this championship. This will help reach a wider audience.”
Sonal had made her debut with the critically acclaimed “Aashayein” directed by National award winning director Nagesh Kuknoor.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The actress says she practises kick boxing herself and is hopeful her association with the sports will help throw light on it.
“I’ve been involved with this since five years now. I’ve trained under Bala Shetty – National Coach and also seven times national champion. When a sports personality does it, it seems normal.”\
“But when an actress does it people get inspired. If she can do it, I can too. It’s a great exercise and extremely helpful as self defence too.”
Sonal was a popular face on TV with shows like “Saara Akash” and “Hotel Kingston”. The actress, who then went on to work in films like “Radio” and “Damadamm”, says she would love to be back on TV.
“At a time when ‘saas-bahu’ daily soaps were at the top, those two shows were competing with them and holding strong. Unfortunately after that I wasn’t offered anything which I really liked. But I would love to come back on TV and do a show.”
She has currently signed Brazilian director Lucia Barata’s “Flows”.
The film, set in India and Brazil, is a collection of stories. Sonal will play the protagonist in one of the stories set in India.