Bollywood actress Sonal Sehgal says she is happy that a superstar like Shah Rukh Khan has extended support for the sport Muay Thai.
The Kick-Boxing sport uses stand-up striking along with various clinching techniques.
The “Aashayein” actress has been appointed as the brand ambassador for the Indian Muay Thai Federation 2016, for its Women’s team.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
When asked if kick boxing needs to be promoted more in the country, Sonal told PTI, “From hockey to football, all other sports have faced this struggle. We now have a kick boxing team as part of the Asian Games in 2018 but many are unaware. I am glad someone like Shah Rukh Khan has supported this championship. This will help reach a wider audience.”
Sonal had made her debut with the critically acclaimed “Aashayein” directed by National award winning director Nagesh Kuknoor.
The actress says she practises kick boxing herself and is hopeful her association with the sports will help throw light on it.
“I’ve been involved with this since five years now. I’ve trained under Bala Shetty – National Coach and also seven times national champion. When a sports personality does it, it seems normal.”\
“But when an actress does it people get inspired. If she can do it, I can too. It’s a great exercise and extremely helpful as self defence too.”
Sonal was a popular face on TV with shows like “Saara Akash” and “Hotel Kingston”. The actress, who then went on to work in films like “Radio” and “Damadamm”, says she would love to be back on TV.
“At a time when ‘saas-bahu’ daily soaps were at the top, those two shows were competing with them and holding strong. Unfortunately after that I wasn’t offered anything which I really liked. But I would love to come back on TV and do a show.”
She has currently signed Brazilian director Lucia Barata’s “Flows”.
The film, set in India and Brazil, is a collection of stories. Sonal will play the protagonist in one of the stories set in India.