Ghayal Once Again starring Sunny Deol is still going strong at the box office and has earned Rs. 32.08 crore in six days of its release. Sunny Deol proved that nothing can beat him at the box office as he is a one man army with a huge fan following. His latest release Ghayal Once Again took off the story from where it had left 26 years ago in Ghayal. (In pics: Ghayal Once Again, Airlift, Mastizaade: Top Grossers Of Year 2016 Till now)
Giving other actors a run for their money, Sunny Deol’s film collected Rs. 7.20 cr on day one Friday (February 5), Rs. 7.65 cr on Saturday (February 6), Rs. 8.40 cr on Sunday (February 7), Rs. 3.60 cr on Monday (February 8) and Rs. 2.70 cr on Tuesday (February 9). Adding to the collection, the film earned Rs. 2.53 cr. on Wednesday (February 10), making the total collection of the film Rs 32.08 cr. at the box office.
#GhayalOnceAgain Fri 7.20 cr, Sat 7.65 cr, Sun 8.40 cr, Mon 3.60 cr, Tue 2.70 cr, Wed 2.53 cr. Total: ₹ 32.08 cr. India biz.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) February 11, 2016
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Even without any A-list leading lady, Sunny Deol has managed to carry the film on his shoulders and his fans are delighted with his return. Ghayal earned the actor a National Award back in 1990. (Read: Ghayal Once Again review: Actor Sunny Deol is still a lethal weapon)
Ghayal Once Again has also done good business oversees and has collected Rs 5 crore till now.
#GhayalOnceAgain Overseas total: $ 734,157 [₹ 5 cr]. GOOD!
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) February 9, 2016
Indian Express critic Shubhra Gupta in her review wrote, “For once, Bollywood has come out with a sequel which feels organically grown. The 1990 hit ‘Ghayal’, featuring Sunny Deol as the ordinary-guy-forced-into-taking-the-law-into-his-own-hands, gave the leading man a lasting edge in the snarling stakes. No one could do it better.” (PHOTOS: Ghayal Once Again review in pics: Sunny Deol is back)
Sunny Deol’s film clashed at the box office with Pakistani actress’ Mawra Hocane’s Sanam Teri Kasam. Another clash at the box office, we see Ghayal Once Again not being affected by the same. (IN PICS: Fom Ghayal to Ghayal Once Again: 10 Sunny Deol movies you have to watch)