Superhit songs are something that you can always count Bollywood to deliver consistently. 2015 saw an eclectic mix of melodies. We list out the top 10.
Gerua (Dilwale): Among all the shots of flying cars, hamming dialogues and other typical Rohit Shetty masala items, Gerua came in like a whiff of fresh air. SRK serenaded a beautiful looking Kajol in some never before seen foreign locales with Arijit Singh’s golden voice providing the magical touch.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Matargashti (Tamasha): Mohit Chauhan, A R Rahman and Imtiaz Ali form an enviable combination right from Rockstar days. Matargashti was more peppy and had a mischievous ring to it. The kind of song one would love to sing while playing Antakshari. Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone’s dance moves added the zing it.
Prem Ratan Dhan Payo title track: Dubsmash users went crazy dancing to the tunes of Sonam’s signature hip thrusts and swinging leg raises from Prem Ratan Dhan Payo. The strategy worked wonders in publicising the movie.
Gulaabo: A feet tapping number from Shaandaar, Gulaabo was the only good thing about this other flop outing. Vishal Dadlani’s masculine voice coupled with Anushka Manchanda’s rap made Gulaabo a runaway hit. Wish we could say the same about the movie.
Teri Meri Kahaani (Gabbar is Back): A high energetic number in an otherwise average movie. Arijit Singh’s high notes and Akshay Kumar’s brief but cute romance with Kareena Kapoor made this song an interesting watch.
Selfie Le Le Re: The blockbuster song of the season. The song marked the grand entry of the inimitable Salman Khan in one of the best films of his career, Bhajrangi Bhaijaan. Salman as a Hanuman bhakt danced with the gay abandon of a child in this extremely hummable number. Vishal Dadlani, Nakash Aziz provided the vocals for the song composed by Pritam.
Dheere Dheere Se (T-series album): A hot as hell fire Hrithik Roshan and a pretty Sonam Kapoor sent temperatures soaring while romancing to the tunes of Nadeem -Shravan’s 90s hit Dheere Dheere from Aashiqui remixed and resung by rapper Honey Singh. The remixed vocals and the sizzling actors made this single a worthwhile watch.
Main Hoon Hero Tera: Salman Khan sure has some singing prowess up his sleeves. After crooning Hangover in Kick, yet again he came out with a gem in Hero. The title track rocked while the film bombed at the box-office.
Hasi ( Hamari Adhuri Kahani): The Bhatts can never get it wrong when it comes to music especially when Emraan Hashmi stars in it. Hamari Adhuri Kahani had some soothing melodies with Hasi sung and composed by Ami Mishra topping the list. \
Sooraj Dooba Hai: Film toh doob gaya par gaane nahi. Roy provided some of the finest melodies of 2015 with the feet tapping Sooraj Dooba Hai right up there among the best dance cum club numbers of this year. Arijit Singh once again proved his versatility by effortlessly crooning this fast paced number.