Gauri Khan, entrepreneur and wife of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, has been invited to showcase her latest bespoke furniture line at an exhibit in Paris early next year. She says it’s a sign in the the right direction.
Gauri has been invited for MAISON&OBJET, a trade fair reserved for professionals dedicated to lifestyle, decoration and design. An on-invitation-only fair, it is scheduled to be held on January 22-26, 2016.
“Being invited to be part of this very fair is recognition that our efforts are in the right direction. The unique creativity at such a forum quite exciting for one inclined to design,” Gauri said in a statement.
- AbRam Khan's playdate with Raageshwari Loomba Swaroop’s daughter Samaya, see photos
- Suhana Khan is 'all grown up' and mom Gauri Khan is in awe too, see photos
- PHOTOS: Shah Rukh Khan spends birthday eve with Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra, Farah Khan, Karan Johar and Deepika Padukone
- Suhana Khan turns heads at mother Gauri Khan's Halloween party. See inside photos
- Secret Superstar actor Aamir Khan visits Gauri Khan's store. See photos and video
- Gauri Khan's collection in Paris honours the Gujarati art of Sankhedu
Gauri is currently at the headquarters of MAISON&OBJET in Paris. Her latest collection,
crafted for her by CraftreD Designs Pvt Ltd, is said to be a blend of creativity, design and technology.
Régis Mathieu (makers of iconic chandeliers under the Mathieu Lustrerie brand) and Jean-François Lesage, (the son of the founder of the prestigious Paris-based House of Lesage) are collaborating with Gauri.
She is naturally excited about the opportunity as the exhibit is considered a major event for professionals working in the art of living in expressions as varied as decoration, design, furniture, accessories, textiles, fragrances, tableware and the world of children.
Frederic Bougeard, the international and development director of the show, has expressed faith in Gauri, who has showcased her stylish side by designing for a fashion line.
“Khan’s furniture line symbolises the flair and chic that MAISON&OBJET embodies,” Bougeard said.
Raj Anand of MAISON&OBJET’s India Office is also excited about Gauri’s collection.