Anurag Kahsyap’s two-part mafia drama ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ is now set for a release in North America and Los Angeles.
An art house distributor, Cinelicious Pics, will release the film that tracks 70 violent years in the lives of two mafia families battling to control over the coal mining town of Wasseypur, reported The Deadline.
“Thrilled to announce that we’ve picked up Kashyap’s epic crime saga Gangs of Wasseypur!” the distributor said on Twitter.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The movie, which was screened at the Cannes Film Festival in 2012, will be presented stateside by ‘The Grey’ producer Adi Shankar.
‘Gangs…’ was released in two parts in India, owing to its five-and-a half hour duration.
Similarly, the film will be launched in a platform release in New York and Los Angeles with Part I and Part II hitting theatres a week apart.
The theatres will also have the option to screen both parts as a single film.
The distributor is also hoping to flag off buzz for Kashyap’s period drama ‘Bombay Velvet’, which 20th Century Fox is releasing overseas in November.