Actress Richa Chadha, who will begin shooting for Fukrey Returns, says people have a lot of expectations from sequels. Richa, who played Bholi Punjaban in the 2013 film Fukrey, is set to act in its sequel. And she is feeling the pressure this time. “Sequels have a lot of expectations. So, I feel the pressure this time around. When we shot Fukrey, we were all young and new in the business. Time has passed, we have all grown, but Bholi has gone down as one my most most memorable characters,” the actress said in a statement.
“So, I am more aware of my responsibility this time. After intense projects like Masaan, Love Sonia and Powerplay, I am relieved to get back to my favourite genre, which is comedy,” she added. She recently finished shooting for web series Powerplay in which she will be playing an actress. The series, which also features Vivek Oberoi, Angad Bedi and Tanuj Virmani, is based on the corruption in cricket.
“This was the most unique shooting experience for me. It involved a lot of hard work. But it’s so rewarding that it makes all the blood, sweat and tears worth it. The rules that apply to normal TV or a film, don’t apply here and the focus is on engaging content. The writing was so sharp. “I was so involved that I started responding only to my character name – Zarina. I miss it and the amazing team already,” she said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The entire cast of Fukrey including Varun Sharma and Ali Fazal have kept in touch ever since their film together and catch up once in a while. Set in Delhi, Fukrey chronicled the story of four friends who come together to make easy money. The release date of the sequel will soon be announced.