Actor Ali Fazal says the sequel to his hit Fukrey will be several notches higher than the original. The 2013 coming of age comedy was directed by Mrighdeep Singh Lamba and also featured Pulkit Samrat, Varun Sharma and Richa Chadda.
Set in Delhi, Fukrey chronicled the story of four friends who come together to make easy money. When asked if the sequel will continue from where if left, Ali told PTI, “That is a creative question which I am not allowed to answer. We just read the final draft and I am extremely happy with it. The movie is madness. I hope we can pull it off because it has certain angle which is hard to shoot.”
“If Fukrey was this (level) then Fukrey 2 will be above everything, on a different level,” he added.
The 3 Idiots actor said the movie, which will have all the cast members return, will have the similar comic feel.
“It will be in the same comic space. The same principle cast is back and also some new interesting characters and roles. I am really excited for it. I will begin shooting for it shortly.”
- Richa Chadha: It is a good thing Bollywood actresses are speaking up
- Ali Fazal in talks with Tigmanshu Dhulia for Milan Talkies
- Fukrey Returns box office collection day 9: Pulkit Samrat-Richa Chadha film witnesses massive growth, collects Rs 59.10 crore
- Pulkit Samrat: Fukrey Returns does not only have comedy
- Fukrey Returns actors: Just like ‘jugaad’ last time, we hope ‘Deja Choo’ also becomes popular with the youth
- Hope to create magic again in Fukrey 2, says Varun Sharma
The 2013 Hindi comedy had been a sleeper hit with poor opening. Ali Fazal had also starred in films Vidya Balan starrer film Bobby Jasoos
The 29-year-old actor will be next seen in Happy Bhag Jayegi. The film stars Abhay Deol, Diana Penty, Jimmy Shergill among others.
With PTI inputs.