Director Kabir Sadanand had to go alone for the special screening of his film “Fugly” for army ‘jawans’ (soldiers) in Leh. The film’s cast Mohit Marwah, Kiara Advani, Arfi Lamba and Vijender Singh had to skip the screening held on Sunday. It was especially arranged for the soldiers at the border.
Explaining the cast’s absence, Sadanand said: “At that altitude in Leh, breathing normally is a problem. One needs to acclimatize oneself to the change in temperature gradually as the oxygen is low at that height.”
“And there was no time for that for my actors. They were completely tied up with promoting the film on ground level.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The show in Leh for the armymen was a grand success. “Showing my film to the jawaans was one of the most memorable experiences of my film. They said ‘Fugly’ was a film that made them proud. Their affection and reactions after the film were overwhelming. And to see first hand – the work that the jawaans do at the border, was another experience entirely,” he added.
Incidentally, the cast shot in Leh for “Fugly” and would like to return there for a holiday as soon as they are done with promoting and releasing the film. The movie hits the screens Friday.