The stage version of “Frozen” is finally coming together and has been now scheduled to open in the spring of 2018.
Disney said the musical adaptation would have a tryout in summer 2017 at a venue and city outside New York. The production will have the movie’s creative team such as songwriters Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez as well as screenwriter and co-director Jennifer Lee, reported Ace Showbiz.
The songwriting team will write new scores for the musical while Lee is assigned to write the musical’s book. The production will be directed by Alex Timbers of “Here Lies Love” and choreographed by Peter Darling of “Billy Elliot”.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
It would also feature Tony winners Bob Crowley and Natasha Katz in set and costume department and lighting department respectively.
No cast, theatre on Broadway or exact dates of production are announced yet.
“Frozen” would be Disney’s ninth musical and 10th show over all that Disney has brought to Broadway. “The Lion King”, which becomes a commercial and critical success for the powerhouse, is still running on Broadway alongside “Aladdin”.