Filmmaker Karan Johar is a patriotic Indian whose nationalism cannot be questioned, says Vijay Singh, CEO of Fox Star Studios that is distributing Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.
Singh said in a statement: “Karan Johar is a proud, emotional and patriotic Indian like all of us and his nationalism cannot be questioned. Fox Star Studios, India, whole-heartedly stands by him at this time.”
He said his team is slated for the Diwali release of ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ on October 28.
The Fox Star Studio CEO met a Mumbai Police representative on Tuesday to urge for protection for theatres which will screen the movie.
“We have been assured that the police will provide protection to all theatres, including single screens and multiplexes, should there be any requirement,” he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Singh’s statement comes after Karan broke his silence on the vandalism threats issued by right-wing Hindu outfits opposing the release of the film, which stars Pakistani actor Fawad Khan.
Singh said: “We unequivocally condemn the terror attacks on India and support the government of India in all its effort to bring safety and peace for Indians.”
“The film has been made by an Indian director — film’s actors Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan are all Indians; the crew who have worked tirelessly on this film to see their labour of love in theatres with their families are all Indians,” Singh said.
Fox Star Studios, which has a nine-film deal with Johar’s Dharma Productions, has also produced ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’.