Filmmaker Karan Johar is a patriotic Indian whose nationalism cannot be questioned, says Vijay Singh, CEO of Fox Star Studios that is distributing Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.
Singh said in a statement: “Karan Johar is a proud, emotional and patriotic Indian like all of us and his nationalism cannot be questioned. Fox Star Studios, India, whole-heartedly stands by him at this time.”
He said his team is slated for the Diwali release of ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ on October 28.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The Fox Star Studio CEO met a Mumbai Police representative on Tuesday to urge for protection for theatres which will screen the movie.
“We have been assured that the police will provide protection to all theatres, including single screens and multiplexes, should there be any requirement,” he added.
Singh’s statement comes after Karan broke his silence on the vandalism threats issued by right-wing Hindu outfits opposing the release of the film, which stars Pakistani actor Fawad Khan.
Singh said: “We unequivocally condemn the terror attacks on India and support the government of India in all its effort to bring safety and peace for Indians.”
“The film has been made by an Indian director — film’s actors Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan are all Indians; the crew who have worked tirelessly on this film to see their labour of love in theatres with their families are all Indians,” Singh said.
Fox Star Studios, which has a nine-film deal with Johar’s Dharma Productions, has also produced ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’.