The recently released trailer of Yash Raj Films’ ‘Daawat-e-Ishq‘ sees Parineeti Chopra and Anupam Kher speaking Deccani Urdu (Hyderabadi). The actress gives credit to director-writer Habib Faisal for helping them pick up the accent.
“Habib sir knows Urdu well so half our job was done in the dialogues. Anupam sir and me, we both are from Punjab, so we only listened to the director, who is also the writer,” said the 25-year-old actress.
But everyone doesn’t talk in the Deccani language, that’s why we have kept a language that everyone understands,” she added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On the other hand, Aditya Roy Kapur’s character speaks Lucknowi Urdu in the film. The south Mumbai guy too depended on Habib Faisal to deliver his dialogues with panache.
“I didn’t learn Urdu, I did just basic stuff with Habib sir and that is what helped me. But it (Lucknowi Urdu) is not very thick and too pronounced in the film,” Aditya said.