The film is a sequel to 2008’s hit film ‘Pyaar Ke Side Effects’ which had Mallika Sherawat and Rahul Bose in the lead roles.
Pritish Nandy and Ekta Kapoor’s ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ is expected to be a laugh riot much like its predecessor and has already got a thumbs up from B-towners like Divya Dutta, Javed Akhtar, Shabana Azmi, among others.
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
The film has set its sail right with the side-splitting and witty trailers and dialogue promos. If Rahul Bose and Mallika Sherawat could tickle your funny bone that hard, imagine what will Vidya Balan and Farhan Akhtar do. While the first film was about falling in love, the sequel takes the relationship a step forward.
The film’s music too is on every party’s playlist. Farhan and Vidya have done their bit to pull the crowd to the theatres with their hilarious promotions citing the various side effects of marriage.
Last week’s release, ‘Highway’ has been fairly successful, but with the fresh theme and promising cast ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ is likely to have a decent go at the Box Office.
Meanwhile, ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ is touted to be Vidya Balan’s big release in two years, she had last tasted success with ‘Kahaani’ in 2012.
In 2013, Vidya Balan was seen in ‘Ghanchchakar’ which bombed at BO. If ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ is a success, then this will be Farahan Akhtar’s hattrick at the BO after ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ (2013) and ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ (2011).
The film also stars Ram Kapoor, Vir Das, Gautami Kapoor, Purab Kohli and Rati Agnihotri in pivotal roles.
Watch this space for Shubhra Gupta’s review of ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’.