Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s much-awaited biopic ‘Mary Kom’ starring the beautiful Priyanka Chopra is finally releasing this Friday (September 5). We give you five reasons why you absolutely must watch this film:
1) Priyanka Chopra: The former beauty queen has undergone some rigorous training for her role as Olympic boxing champion, Mary Kom. Not only has she changed her physical appearance but has also learnt Manipuri to get into the skin of the character.
2) Mary Kom: Mary Kom has proved to be a huge inspiration not only to women but sports persons all over. Overcoming various obstacles, the young mother and housewife has aced her sports career proving that women can be sports champions as well.
3) Sports biopic: Films like Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Chak De! India’ and Farhan Akhtar’s ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ have introduced a new genre in the Indian film industry. Inspiring sports dramas provide a refreshing change from the usual rom-com and crime films.
4) Sanjay Leela Bhansali: The filmmaker is known for creating an incredible magic onscreen. Though Sanjay Leela Bhansali is producing ‘Mary Kom’, his name guarantees quality and entertainment, coupled with great story telling.
5) Northeast India: ‘Mary Kom’ will take us on a journey to the picturesque North East India. The film promises to give a glimpse into the Manipuri lifestyle and culture, that mainstream India unfortunately knows so little about.
For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App now