With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, many Bollywood films having romance as the theme are lined up for release at that time next month.
February will begin with the release of romantic-drama ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’. Helmed by director duo Radhika Rao and Vinay Sapru, the film stars Harshvardhan Rane and Pakistani actress Mawra Hocane.
On the Valentine’s Day weekend, ‘Sanam Re’ will release on February 12. The romantic-drama, directed by Divya Khosla Kumar, stars actor Pulkit Samrat and actress Yami Gautam in lead roles while Rishi Kapoor and Urvashi Rautela are there as supporting cast.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Filmmaker Abhishek Kapoor’s romantic drama ‘Fitoor’ will also release on the same Friday. The film stars Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur and Tabu, and is based on Charles Dickens’ novel “Great Expectations”.
Besides, there will be a clash among three romantic films on February 19.
“Loveshhuda”, the romantic-comedy starring Girish Kumar and 2013 Miss India winner Navneet Kaur Dhillon, will release on that day.
The other two romantic films releasing on the same date are – ‘Direct Ishq’ featuring Rajniesh Duggall, Nidhi Subbaiah and Arjun Bijlani, and ‘Ishq Forever’, which stars Ruhi Singh (who made her debut in Madhur Bhandarkar’s ‘Calendar Girls) and Lisa Ray.
“Love Shagun”, which stars Anuj Sachdeva and Nidhi Subbaiah, will release on the last Friday of February.
Meanwhile, there are reports that Rajniesh Duggall-Sunny Leone starrer “Beiiman Love”, which was slated to release this February, has been pushed to a later date.
Actor Adhyayan Suman’s “Luckhnowi Ishq” with Karishma Kotak was also scheduled to release next month. However, it is unclear when the film will now hit the screens.
Last year, only Ayushmann Khurrana-Bhumi Pednekar starrer “Dum Laga Ke Haisha” was released in February. During the V-Day weekend and a week later, films like “Roy” and “Badlapur” were released which belonged to the thriller -revenge drama genre.
Other big ticket romantic films to be released around Valentine’s Day over the last few years, have been Parineeti Chopra’s “Hasee Toh Phasee”, Emraan Hashmi’s erotic-thriller “Murder 3”, Kareena Kapoor-Imran Khan starer “Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu” and “Tanu Weds Manu”.
The biggest Valentine’s Day release in the last few years involving a superstar was Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol starrer “My Name Is Khan”, which hit the screens on February 12, 2010.