There was an element of curiosity among fans eversince the cameos of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan and Ranbir Kapoor in Amitabh Bachchan’s upcoming film ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ were announced. But the wait is now over as the first look of the movie’s promo featuring the two stars went on air.
In a quick sneak peek, both Ranbir and Shah Rukh talk about the importance of casting vote during the Lok Sabha elections, which are underway.
The sneak peak titled ‘Sunai Nahin De Raha’ starts with Big B, who is the ghost pitted against local MLA played by actor Boman Irani, talking about the importance of having a voter ID card.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The clip then moves on to Ranbir Kapoor, who plays himself in the film, pulling the leg of a crew member who does not have a voter ID card. While the crew member calls Ranbir for a shot he dismisses him saying he can’t hear what he is saying and implying that getting the voter ID card is the most important thing.
While Shah Rukh Khan, who was also a part of the the film’s 2008 prequel, is seen telling the ghost Big B that they all are proud of the ghost.
Amitabh Bachchan said, “Both the actors play very important roles in the film. Shah Rukh, who was also there in the previous part, comes in the film at a very important time and helps the story to proceed further. Ranbir plays himself in the film, who talks about the importance of voting.”
Amitabh Bachchan also said that it is merely a co-incidence that ‘Bhoothnath Returns’, where a ghost takes on a corrupt politician, is releasing during the time of polls but it does emphasise on the importance of voting.
The film is set to release on April 11.