Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji is all set to play tough cop in her upcoming film ‘Mardaani’. Rani Mukerji’s first poster from the film was released by the Yash Raj Films on social networking platforms.
The poster shows a tough looking Rani Mukerji, with a pistol in hand at a door dressed in a black kurta and jeans, after bashing up a guy (seen in the background).
We gather two interesting facets from the first look.
Firstly, with no male presence (except for the bashed up goon) we can make out that the film follows the 2014 trend of female centric film such as ‘Queen’, ‘Revolver Rani’, ‘Dedh Ishqiya’, ‘Gulaab Gang’, etc.
Secondly, it seems that Rani Mukerji, who recently married YRF head Aditya Chopra is in no mood (at least for now) to add her husband’s surname to her name. ‘Mardaani’ indeed.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
In ‘Mardaani’, Rani Mukerji plays the role of Shivani Shivaji Roy, a police officer with the Mumbai Crime Branch unit who is fearless in confronting hardened criminals. Rani Mukerji has played headstrong characters in films like ‘No One Killed Jessica’, ‘Veer -Zaara’, among others.
The film where ‘every war is personal’ is all set to release on August 22. The film is directed by Pradeep Sarkar.
Rani will play the role of a cop for the first time in her career in the movie, which is also a distinct departure for Sarkar, erstwhile known for his films like ‘Parineeta’ and ‘Lafange Parinde’.