Zeishan Quadri, writer of the “Gangs of Wasseypur” series, is looking forward to the response to the first look of his directorial “Meeruthiya Gangsters”, a quirky crime drama, whose first look was released on social media on Wednesday.
Zeishan said: “I’m really keen to see the response to the teaser of the film. I feel privileged to associate with Shoeb Ahmed and Prateek Entertainment, who have backed me tremendously. Taking this new turn of my life into direction was not easy, but I’ve always relished facing challenges in life.”
“Extremely delighted” to present the teaser poster of the film, producer Shoeb Ahmed said excited about the first look of the film.
He said: “We’re confident that the film will strike a chord with the audience, especially the youth of the country.”
- Anurag Kashyap wants Zeishan Quadri to direct 'Gangs Of Wasseypur 3'?
- Title track of Zeishan Quadri's 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' unveiled
- 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' launches its trailer with Manoj Bajpayee
- Always wanted to do gangster films: Nushrat Bharucha
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- I don't write films keeping censor board in mind: 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' writer Zeishan Quadri
The film’s story is based on a real-life incident and is about a bunch of six youths from Meerut and their journey in the mischievous world of crime.
The first look is colourful and has an interesting tagline — “Hero Bhi, Villain Bhi”.
Popular director Anurag Kashyap is one of the presenters and editors of the film, cast members of which include Jaideep Ahlawat, Mukul Dev, Sanjay Mishra, Akash rpt Akash Dahiya and Brijendra Kala. The female lead is played by Nushrat Bharucha.
The film is slated to release on September 18.