‘Finding Fanny’ director Homi Adajania and the film’s co-producers are thrilled that the entertainer is lined up for screening at the Busan International Film Festival next month. They think it’s a “perfect” window for the movie to reach a foreign audience.
An English language Indian quirky comedy, the multi-starrer, which features veterans like Naseeruddin Shah, Dimple Kapadia and Pankaj Kapur as well as young talents like Arjun Kapoor and Deepika Padukone, will have its Korean premiere at the fest.
“It feels great,” co-producer Dinesh Vijan, said in a statement.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Busan is fast emerging as one of the more serious and hugely respected international film festivals. It gives ‘Finding Fanny’ perfect exposure to a widespread international audience,” added Vijan.
Read: Deepika, Arjun’s ‘Finding Fanny’ to screen at Busan International Film Festival
“One of the reasons we made this film was to release it internationally to include a non-diaspora audience and this is an encouraging first step towards that,” he said.
Vijay Singh, CEO, Fox Star Studios, said the movie, slated to release Sep 12, is already getting “incredible feedback” via special screenings, while director Homi Adajania finds the opportunity to showcase the movie in Busan “pretty cool”.
The actors are ecstatic too.
Deepika finds it “exciting” and “amazing”, and Arjun said: “This is great news for the entire team of ‘Finding Fanny’. It’s a moment of pride and joy that a prestigious film festival like Busan has given us such recognition.”
In Pics: Ranveer, Vidya, Sonakshi watch Deepika and Arjun’s ‘Finding Fanny’
The movie is a comical story about five oddballs who venture out to find Stefanie Fernandes (Fanny), and in the process, they discover a strange sense of solace and love amongst each other.
The film has been produced by Maddock Films and is being presented by Fox Star Studios.