Tamil superstar Rajinikanth, , known to be reticent, is the latest celebrity to join Twitter and even before his first tweet, the Kochadaiiyaan actor had already got more than 1.5 lakh followers. He joins the list of Indian celebrities including Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan who are already on Twitter.
Rajinikanth’s wife Latha, daughters Soundarya, Aishwaryaa and son-in-law Dhanush are already on Twitter.
The superstar, who has joined the micro blogging site a few days ahead of the release of ‘Kochadaiiyaan’, in a video message said “I am happy to connect with my fans through social media starting with Twitter.”
The 63-year-old actor’s official handle is ‘@SuperStarRajini’. Rajinikanth also said he was looking forward to catching up on the “best Rajini one-liners”.
Salutation to the Lord. Vaṇakkam aṉaivarukkum !! A big thank you to all my fans. Excited on this digital journey http://t.co/79ea6MrDe3
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
— Rajinikanth (@superstarrajini) May 5, 2014
The megastar turned out to be an instant hit on the micro-blogging site and his Twitter handle has got over 65,000 followers and the number is increasing by the minute.
While the handle has a small profile picture of the popular actor, the shadowed background has a collage of his various cinema and real-time stills.
The Padma Bhushan awardee also posted a link of a video along with his tweet in which he said that he is looking forward to interacting with his fans on the platform.
Among those who cheered the star included popular Tamil director Venkat Prabhu, politician M K Alagiri’s son Dayanidhi and DMK MLA and senior leader J Anbazhagan.
Fans, who follow Rajinikanth on @SuperStarRajini in the first week, will receive a ‘WelcomeGraph’, a personalised welcome picture from the icon.
“This is truly an only-on-Twitter moment as superstar Rajinikanth’s debut on Twitter also marks his debut in the digital space more generally. We welcome Rajinikanth to Twitter, are happy to support his launch on the platform and look forward to watching him engage in live, public conversations with fans and other icons around the world,” said Rishi Jaitly, Twitter’s India Market Director.
Fluence – India’s leading celebrity digital network, will manage Rajinikanth’s digital interests.
Rajinikanth is making a comeback on the silver screen with ‘Kochadaiiyaan’, which marks the debut of his younger daughter Soundarya R. Ashwin. The movie releases this Friday. He will be seen opposite Deepika Padukone.
Rajinikanth is now busy shooting for his next movie ‘Lingaa’, interestingly named after one of his grandsons. (With PTI inputs)