The much awaited film of the year ‘Bobby Jasoos’ will see Vidya in 22 different avatars and the actress, whose last two outings have bombed at the box office, has left no stone unturned to promote the movie.
After playing a pregnant woman in ‘Kahaani’, a retro hip-shaking actress in ‘The Dirty Picture’ and a loud married Punjabi woman in ‘Ghanchakkar’, Vidya Balan is all set to play the role of a detective for the the first time on screen in Bobby Jasoos.’
The USP of the film is Vidya Balan’s unbelievable disguises for the movie – postman, maulvi, beggar, then a woman with huge braces in the film. National Award winning actress had actually given 122 look tests for the movie. The film also features young actor Ali Fazal, Supriya Pathak, Kiran Kumar and Tanvi Azmi.
Directed by Samar Shaikh, ‘Bobby Jasoos’ is co-produced by Dia Mirza’s Born Free Entertainment along with fiancé Sahil Sangha and Reliance Entertainment.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
Second release of the week is Lekar Hum Deewana Dil, which marks the debut of legendary Raj Kapoor’s grandson, Armaan Jain.
Son of Raj Kapoor’s daughter Reema Jain, Armaan is the cousin of actors Ranbir, Karisma and Kareena.
‘Lekar Hum Deewana Dil’, not only marks Armaan’s debut movie but it is also the directorial debut of Imtiaz Ali’s brother Arif Ali. The film’s music by Academy awards winner A R Rahman is already a hit.
Lekar Hum Deewana Dil, a rom-com, also stars Deeksha Seth. The actress in one of her interviews had said that she expected Armaan to get all the attention for the movie but she is not scared at all.
The entire Kapoor clan, including Randhir Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor, cousins Kareena and Karisma, made it to the trailer launch of the film to support Armaan. Twitter was flooded with welcome-tweets for Armaan Jain the day its first look was released.
“I really enjoyed working with Arif Ali (director), Dinoo (producer Dinesh Vijan) and Amitabh (lyricist Amitabh Bhattacharya). ‘Khalifa’ (song) is a result of our jam session we had before making the soundtrack of the film. Hope people embrace it and support this effort,” AR Rahman had said in an interview earlier.
The song ‘Khalifa’, which was released recently, has been written and composed in just one night.
Watch this space for our two big reviews before booking your tickets this Friday.