Bollywood’s newest Raj and Simran a la Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan are all set to re create the magic of cult romantic film ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge’ with their new movie ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ which hits theatres today (July 11).
This is Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt’s second film together, the two had made their Bollywood debut together in Karan Johar’s ‘Student of the Year’. The two have been extensively promoting their film, which is said to be a modern-day tribute to Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol’s all time classic ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge’.
‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ is a romantic film with humour, and not a rom-com, as Alia Bhatt pointed out at one of the promotional events, directed Shashank Khaitan and produced under Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions.
Alia, who debuted as a singer with the song ‘Sooha Saha’ in her hit film ‘Highway’, has once again won praises for singing a Punjabi number ‘Samjhawan’ unplugged in ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’. Alia was also compared for singing several times with her contemporaries like Shraddha Kapoor.
While the song ‘Samjhawan’ is not a part of the film, it was released online and has created a buzz all over.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’s music is already topping the charts with its party number ‘Saturday Saturday’ being a rage among youngsters. Composers Sharib and Toshi have recreated the original Indeep Bakshi song for the film.
Varun’s energy is contagious in the song and Alia Bhatt rocks in her four sensational costume changes.
Not just the music, the film’s trailer was also an instant hit. ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ trailer had garnered three million views on YouTube in just a week after its launch. And crossed one million views in less than 48 hours of its release.
‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ also marks the debut of Siddarth Shukla in Bollywood, who is a household name thanks to ‘Balika Vadhu’. Siddarth Shukla plays Angad Bedi in the film.
Apart from Siddharth, the film is also a debut for the director of the film Shashank Khaitan.
Watch this space for the film’s review!