Bollywood’s newest Raj and Simran a la Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan are all set to re create the magic of cult romantic film ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge’ with their new movie ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ which hits theatres today (July 11).
This is Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt’s second film together, the two had made their Bollywood debut together in Karan Johar’s ‘Student of the Year’. The two have been extensively promoting their film, which is said to be a modern-day tribute to Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol’s all time classic ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge’.
‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ is a romantic film with humour, and not a rom-com, as Alia Bhatt pointed out at one of the promotional events, directed Shashank Khaitan and produced under Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Alia, who debuted as a singer with the song ‘Sooha Saha’ in her hit film ‘Highway’, has once again won praises for singing a Punjabi number ‘Samjhawan’ unplugged in ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’. Alia was also compared for singing several times with her contemporaries like Shraddha Kapoor.
While the song ‘Samjhawan’ is not a part of the film, it was released online and has created a buzz all over.
Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’s music is already topping the charts with its party number ‘Saturday Saturday’ being a rage among youngsters. Composers Sharib and Toshi have recreated the original Indeep Bakshi song for the film.
Varun’s energy is contagious in the song and Alia Bhatt rocks in her four sensational costume changes.
Not just the music, the film’s trailer was also an instant hit. ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ trailer had garnered three million views on YouTube in just a week after its launch. And crossed one million views in less than 48 hours of its release.
‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ also marks the debut of Siddarth Shukla in Bollywood, who is a household name thanks to ‘Balika Vadhu’. Siddarth Shukla plays Angad Bedi in the film.
Apart from Siddharth, the film is also a debut for the director of the film Shashank Khaitan.
Watch this space for the film’s review!