It’s time to hit the ‘Highway’! ‘Rockstar’ director Imtiaz Ali’s much talked about film featuring Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda releases on Friday (February 21).
‘Highway’ has already gained popularity for various reasons – first the movie has been helmed by award-winning director Imtiaz Ali, plus this is ‘Student Of The Year’ Alia Bhatt’s second outing in Bollywood and third that the movie travels through six north Indian states, 15 towns and cities.
After playing the role of a fashionista in her first movie, Alia Bhatt will be seen without any makeup in ‘Highway’. She plays the role of a simple girl Veera Tripathi, who is kidnapped. The movie also brings a brand new pairing in Bollywood – Randeep Hooda and Alia Bhatt together for the first time.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Film has music by none other than Grammy award winner A R Rahman and it is a mix of sufi and soft rock. The song ‘Patakha Guddi’ gives that free-spirited feel. Alia Bhatt has surprised everyone with her melodious and soothing voice in ‘Sooha Saha’, a slow- soft number.
The film was also screened in the Panorama section of the 2014 Berlin International Film Festival and had received an overwhelming response.
The second release of the week is the horror film ‘Darr @ the Mall’, directed by ‘Ragini MMS’ director Pavan Kirpalani. The movie has Jimmy Shergill and Nushrat Bharucha in the lead roles.
The film revolves around Jimmy Shergill, who plays the role of a security guard of a mall and what happens after he gets trapped with other people inside a haunted mall.
It has music by Shankar–Ehsaan–Loy and lyrics by Amitabh Bhattacharya. ‘Darr @ The Mall’ released the first ever Gothic song ‘Pinacolada’, choreographed by Ganesh Hegde.
So what will be your pick this week? Keep watching this space for the reviews by our critic Shubhra Gupta in a few hours from now.