It’s time to hit the ‘Highway’! ‘Rockstar’ director Imtiaz Ali’s much talked about film featuring Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda releases on Friday (February 21).
‘Highway’ has already gained popularity for various reasons – first the movie has been helmed by award-winning director Imtiaz Ali, plus this is ‘Student Of The Year’ Alia Bhatt’s second outing in Bollywood and third that the movie travels through six north Indian states, 15 towns and cities.
After playing the role of a fashionista in her first movie, Alia Bhatt will be seen without any makeup in ‘Highway’. She plays the role of a simple girl Veera Tripathi, who is kidnapped. The movie also brings a brand new pairing in Bollywood – Randeep Hooda and Alia Bhatt together for the first time.
Film has music by none other than Grammy award winner A R Rahman and it is a mix of sufi and soft rock. The song ‘Patakha Guddi’ gives that free-spirited feel. Alia Bhatt has surprised everyone with her melodious and soothing voice in ‘Sooha Saha’, a slow- soft number.
The film was also screened in the Panorama section of the 2014 Berlin International Film Festival and had received an overwhelming response.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The second release of the week is the horror film ‘Darr @ the Mall’, directed by ‘Ragini MMS’ director Pavan Kirpalani. The movie has Jimmy Shergill and Nushrat Bharucha in the lead roles.
The film revolves around Jimmy Shergill, who plays the role of a security guard of a mall and what happens after he gets trapped with other people inside a haunted mall.
It has music by Shankar–Ehsaan–Loy and lyrics by Amitabh Bhattacharya. ‘Darr @ The Mall’ released the first ever Gothic song ‘Pinacolada’, choreographed by Ganesh Hegde.
So what will be your pick this week? Keep watching this space for the reviews by our critic Shubhra Gupta in a few hours from now.