Today is a huge day for the Box office – Superstar Salman Khan‘s much-awaited action flick ‘Kick‘ finally hits screens this Friday (July 25). The film revolves around a man on the run known as the ‘Devil’. Played by none other than Salman Khan, ‘Devil’ will be seen showing off his beefy bod in a figure-hugging suit with a masked hood.
Promising to be high on action, ‘Kick’ also stars Jacqueline Fernandez. Both Salman and Jacqueline are said to have hit it off both on and offscreen, so much so, that Salman might actually have his first onscreen liplock with the Sri Lankan beauty.
Following his guaranteed mantra to a successful release, Salman has chosen to tick to Eid-day routine.
It’s no secret that Salman Khan greatly favours the festival of Eid and has chosen to release his films on this holiday a number of times. Not only does the festival seem extremely lucky for the actor but his fans are also super excited to have a Salman Khan film hit theatres on that very special day.
Most of Salman Khan’s films in the recent past made their way to theatres on the auspicious day including ‘Wanted’ (2009), ‘Dabangg (2010) and ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ (2012) with former flame Katrina Kaif. All three films were hugely successful and earned the blockbuster status.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
However, in 2013, Salman Khan’s biggest competition in the industry, Shah Rukh Khan grabbed the Eid date with Deepika Padukone for Rohit Shetty’s ‘Chennai Express’. The actor had no releases that year.
2014 saw the star return to the big screen in ‘Jai Ho’ that released on Republic Day. But the effect was not quite the same. The film did not fare well and was considered to be an average performer.
But this year, Salman is taking no chances and is determined to bring back that Eid magic.