Priyanka Chopra is back on screen as ‘Mary Kom’, which finally makes its way to the big screen after a long and exciting journey.
Produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, ‘Mary Kom’ is a sports biopic based on the life boxing Olympic champion, M C Mary Kom. Priyanka Chopra has gone completely de-glam for the role, undergoing rigorous physical training. The actress reportedly acquired bruises on her face while filming and also learnt Manipuri to get into the skin of the character.
Directed by debutante Omung Kumar, ‘Mary Kom’ promises to be an inspiring watch, telling the tale of Mary Kom’s impressive boxing career along with handling a successful marriage and children of her own.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Priyanka Chopra has her hopes pinned onto this big release. “The film is special to me. I am not good with dealing failures and I am not prepared to face it with this film especially because it is too close to my heart. It has inspired me personally and I want it to do well,” said the actress.
The film, which also stars Sunil Thapa, Darshan Kumar and Rajni Basumatary, Danny Denzongpa among others, will also provide a peek into the beauty and serenity of Northeast India.In addition, states including Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Assam announced exemption of entertainment tax on ‘Mary Kom’, making it light on the pocket.