Bollywood’s dance diva Madhuri Dixit is back on the silver screen after a hiatus of 6 years, to mesmerise her fans as Begum Para in Abhishek Choubey’s ‘Dedh Ishqiya’.
Dedh Ishqiya is a sequel to 2009 hit film ‘Ishqiya’ which had Vidya Balan in the lead role.
Madhuri, who was last in ‘Aaja Nachle’ in 2007, will be seen in shades of grey, as the new femme fatale in a story of romance between individuals caught in a web of crime, suspense, passion and deceit.
While Huma Qureshi is another addition to the star cast, the two male leads Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi will reprise their roles as Khalujan and Babban respectively.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
‘Dedh Ishqiya’ is also the first big release of 2014 and Madhuri Dixit’s return to the silver screen has created quite a buzz . The last big release i.e Aamir Khan’s ‘Dhoom: 3’ has had its run on the Box Office thereby giving a full chance to the film for a full sweep.
Madhuri revealed that she agreed to be a part of the sequel because she loved the “unapologetic way” Abhishek presented Vidya Balan’s character of a beautiful, willful woman in ‘Ishqiya’. And indeed, Ishqiya’s success story is also one of the reasons which may draw the audiences to the theatres.
Meanwhile speaking about her role as Begam Para, Madhuri Dixit said that it was challenging for her as she could not go overboard with the character or underplay it. The 46-year-old actress, however, did not find it difficult to master the nuances or the Urdu diction of her character as she had done a little bit of Urdu as Chandramukhi in ‘Devdas’.
The other release of this Friday is Divya Khosla’s debut directorial venture ‘Yaariyaan’, a college-based romance adventure film starring Himansh Kohli, Serah Singh and Rakul Preet Singh in the lead roles.