Bollywood’s dance diva Madhuri Dixit is back on the silver screen after a hiatus of 6 years, to mesmerise her fans as Begum Para in Abhishek Choubey’s ‘Dedh Ishqiya’.
Dedh Ishqiya is a sequel to 2009 hit film ‘Ishqiya’ which had Vidya Balan in the lead role.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Madhuri, who was last in ‘Aaja Nachle’ in 2007, will be seen in shades of grey, as the new femme fatale in a story of romance between individuals caught in a web of crime, suspense, passion and deceit.
While Huma Qureshi is another addition to the star cast, the two male leads Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi will reprise their roles as Khalujan and Babban respectively.
‘Dedh Ishqiya’ is also the first big release of 2014 and Madhuri Dixit’s return to the silver screen has created quite a buzz . The last big release i.e Aamir Khan’s ‘Dhoom: 3’ has had its run on the Box Office thereby giving a full chance to the film for a full sweep.
Madhuri revealed that she agreed to be a part of the sequel because she loved the “unapologetic way” Abhishek presented Vidya Balan’s character of a beautiful, willful woman in ‘Ishqiya’. And indeed, Ishqiya’s success story is also one of the reasons which may draw the audiences to the theatres.
Meanwhile speaking about her role as Begam Para, Madhuri Dixit said that it was challenging for her as she could not go overboard with the character or underplay it. The 46-year-old actress, however, did not find it difficult to master the nuances or the Urdu diction of her character as she had done a little bit of Urdu as Chandramukhi in ‘Devdas’.
The other release of this Friday is Divya Khosla’s debut directorial venture ‘Yaariyaan’, a college-based romance adventure film starring Himansh Kohli, Serah Singh and Rakul Preet Singh in the lead roles.