Having delivered one of the biggest hits in Hindi cinema with “PK”, award-winning filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani isn’t too bothered about box office numbers.
“A film shouldn’t be judged by the box office numbers anyway. Several films doing well at the box office are forgotten the next day. But this film will stay inside us for many years as a good film and that matters more than box office,” Hirani said at a special screening of “Masaan” here.
Neeraj Ghaywan’s internationally acclaimed film “Masaan” has been appreciated by the celebrities at various screenings, and Hirani is completely moved by the film and its concept.
“The film is extremely beautiful, well-written and well-directed. And all the actors have done a fine job. I actually didn’t know what I was going to watch but one thing I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed the film,” he said.
- Telugu actor Ram Charan: I wish to work with Rajkumar Hirani
- Rajkumar Hirani on Sohum Shah’s Tumbad : Haven’t seen a more visually stunning film in a long time
- After Dutt biopic, Rajkumar Hirani would like to work with Ranbir Kapoor again
- Rajkumar Hirani confirms Sanju teaser release will not happen during the IPL match
- Dharmendra to get Maharashtra government’s Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fiction can’t beat facts: Rajkumar Hirani
The film features Sanjay Mishra, Richa Chadda, Vicky Kaushal, Shweta Tripathi, Saurabh Chadhary, Vineet Kumar, Pankaj Tripathi, Nikhil Sahni and Hirani feels that the performance of Vicky needs special attention.
“It (acting) was the most beautiful thing I felt, especially Vicky Kaushal who is Shyam Kaushal’s son. The manner in which he has performed, you don’t feel that he is actually acting. His performance is extremely effortless. He is looking very matured and in no way does it look his first film,” he said.
He also stated that films like “Masaan” find their own way to platforms like the Oscars.
“Masaan”, which won two prestigious awards at the Cannes International Film Festival in May, will hit the Indian screens only on Friday.