Rohit Shetty is not new to the 100 crore club but the Chennai Express director says the new benchmark means film publicity gets bigger everyday.
The director,whose last two releases Singham and Bol Bachchan crossed the magic figure at the box office,has been frantically promoting Chennai Express with its actors Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone everywhere.
“Film publicity has become a monster. I keep joking with my team that a film should have two directors like directed by and promoted by. It almost takes two months to promote a film and then you have to deal with so many speculations. You have to live with that and fight that. You are losing sleep even before the Friday,” Shetty told PTI.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The director,40,is famous for his slightly over-the-top films like Golmaal,All the Best and Singham.
He has so far managed to win the heart of his audience despite often not getting good reviews,thus earning the tag
of ‘critic proof’. But Shetty is aware that he has to break his own record with his upcoming release to prove himself at
the box office.
“This 100 crore thing has become a burden for me now. If my film makes 99.9 crores,it will be a hit but people will say ‘Oh,it did not make 100 crores’. The scary part about our job is that it depends on a Friday. With two Fridays gone,you are back to where you started,” says the director,who was in the city to promote the film,releasing this Friday.
Chennai Express is releasing with 3700 prints in India
and the solo release is slated to earn the added bonus of a
festive Weekend due to Eid. It is also getting a wide release in countries like Germany,UK and US.
Multiplexes have decided to increase the ticket price for the SRK starrer but Shetty is confident that his audience will come to watch the film.
“I may look insane to make the kind of movies I make but
children love my films and they are clean entertainers. I know that a middle class family is spending extra on watching this film so I want them to enjoy it. It is very important for me as a director.”
There were reports that music composers Vishal and Shekhar
were not happy with Honey Singh’s lungi dance,which was shot during the last day of the movie. Rohit is not ready to open up much about the controversy surrounding the song,saying it is between the singers.
“Honey Singh for some reason wanted to do a tribute song to Rajinikanth and that’s how it was shot but it is not part of the album. As far as Vishal and Honey Singh are concerned,it is between them. They fight on Twitter and make things awkward.”
Shetty will begin shooting Singham 2 with Ajay Devgn by December this year.