He has been part of seven films in two years, and actor Varun Sharma says he feels great to watch his mother happy with all the fame he has received.
Varun, who was last seen in “Dilwale”, is happy that he has achieved the dream of becoming an actor, for which his family supported him.
“If I am with my family and if a fan or an admirer comes and gets a picture clicked, the smile on my mother’s face is beautiful. I know she has struggled for it, she had the strength of sending her son in an industry which doesn’t give you certainty of revenue or persistence of work,” Varun told PTI.
“Now, when she smiles with all the fame I’ve got, it feels great that you can make your parents happy by achieving your dreams which they believed in too,” he said.
Varun made his debut in “Fukrey” in 2013 as the character of ‘Chucha’ and received rave reviews. The actor credits the Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol starrer “Diwale” for making him a household name.
“With ‘Dilwale’ the audience expansion has been on another level. From ‘chucha’ it has become ‘Varun Sharma’ so the transition has been really great. When I went home in Punjab the response I got was amazing. When I meet people they now recite me my own dialogues.”
“I really want to shift. Even though I enjoy doing comedy, I never thought I could do it. Even in theatre I used to do very intense roles. I’ve never done comedy while I was doing theatre…But I will never leave the comedy genre because it has given me an identity, love and affection.”
- October: Everything we know about Varun Dhawan and Banita Sandhu’s unique love tale
- October actor Varun Dhawan: I need this film in my career today more than anyone else
- Varun Sharma: I want to try different stuff but I won’t leave comedy
- My competition is with Varun Dhawan, Maniesh Paul: Anupam Kher
- Varun Dhawan unveils his wax statue in Madame Tussauds Hong Kong. See photos
- Fukrey Returns actors: Just like ‘jugaad’ last time, we hope ‘Deja Choo’ also becomes popular with the youth
Varun will be seen in season six of Celebrity Cricket League playing for actor Sohail Khan’s team Mumbai Heroes.
He will also be seen in “Dolly Ki Doli” director Abhishek Dogra’s next, an ensemble comedy set in north India.