He has been part of seven films in two years, and actor Varun Sharma says he feels great to watch his mother happy with all the fame he has received.
Varun, who was last seen in “Dilwale”, is happy that he has achieved the dream of becoming an actor, for which his family supported him.
“If I am with my family and if a fan or an admirer comes and gets a picture clicked, the smile on my mother’s face is beautiful. I know she has struggled for it, she had the strength of sending her son in an industry which doesn’t give you certainty of revenue or persistence of work,” Varun told PTI.
“Now, when she smiles with all the fame I’ve got, it feels great that you can make your parents happy by achieving your dreams which they believed in too,” he said.
Varun made his debut in “Fukrey” in 2013 as the character of ‘Chucha’ and received rave reviews. The actor credits the Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol starrer “Diwale” for making him a household name.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“With ‘Dilwale’ the audience expansion has been on another level. From ‘chucha’ it has become ‘Varun Sharma’ so the transition has been really great. When I went home in Punjab the response I got was amazing. When I meet people they now recite me my own dialogues.”
“I really want to shift. Even though I enjoy doing comedy, I never thought I could do it. Even in theatre I used to do very intense roles. I’ve never done comedy while I was doing theatre…But I will never leave the comedy genre because it has given me an identity, love and affection.”
- Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt aka Badrinath Ki Dulhania's Badri and the Dulhania's prep time, see pics
- Felt numb when 'Dilwale' was offered to me: Varun Sharma
- Don't want to take stardom too seriously: Varun Dhawan
- Shraddha Kapoor: Varun Dhawan most versatile actor of our generation
- Varun Dhawan: Want everyone to feel happy after watching my films
- Fukrey actor Varun Sharma to do a Hollywood film
Varun will be seen in season six of Celebrity Cricket League playing for actor Sohail Khan’s team Mumbai Heroes.
He will also be seen in “Dolly Ki Doli” director Abhishek Dogra’s next, an ensemble comedy set in north India.