He has been part of seven films in two years, and actor Varun Sharma says he feels great to watch his mother happy with all the fame he has received.
Varun, who was last seen in “Dilwale”, is happy that he has achieved the dream of becoming an actor, for which his family supported him.
“If I am with my family and if a fan or an admirer comes and gets a picture clicked, the smile on my mother’s face is beautiful. I know she has struggled for it, she had the strength of sending her son in an industry which doesn’t give you certainty of revenue or persistence of work,” Varun told PTI.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Now, when she smiles with all the fame I’ve got, it feels great that you can make your parents happy by achieving your dreams which they believed in too,” he said.
Varun made his debut in “Fukrey” in 2013 as the character of ‘Chucha’ and received rave reviews. The actor credits the Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol starrer “Diwale” for making him a household name.
“With ‘Dilwale’ the audience expansion has been on another level. From ‘chucha’ it has become ‘Varun Sharma’ so the transition has been really great. When I went home in Punjab the response I got was amazing. When I meet people they now recite me my own dialogues.”
The actor has appeared mostly in comedy films like Kapil Sharma’s “Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon” and Sonam Kapoor starrer “Dolly Ki Doli”. Varun now wants to try other genres.
“I really want to shift. Even though I enjoy doing comedy, I never thought I could do it. Even in theatre I used to do very intense roles. I’ve never done comedy while I was doing theatre…But I will never leave the comedy genre because it has given me an identity, love and affection.”
- Felt numb when 'Dilwale' was offered to me: Varun Sharma
- SRK-Kajol don't take their stardom for granted: Varun Sharma
- Don't want to take stardom too seriously: Varun Dhawan
- Shraddha Kapoor: Varun Dhawan most versatile actor of our generation
- Varun Dhawan: Want everyone to feel happy after watching my films
- Fukrey actor Varun Sharma to do a Hollywood film
Varun will be seen in season six of Celebrity Cricket League playing for actor Sohail Khan’s team Mumbai Heroes.
He will also be seen in “Dolly Ki Doli” director Abhishek Dogra’s next, an ensemble comedy set in north India.