Superstar Salman Khan says it is unfortunate that he could not be a part of filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s upcoming magnum opus “Bajirao Mastani”. Over the years, the film has gone through several cast changes. Bhansali had initially announced to make this period drama with Salman and Aishwarya Rai but the break-up of the rumoured couple hurt the project.
As for the female lead, talks were on with Kareena Kapoor but nothing materialised. Finally the casting woes ended with Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone stepping into the roles of Kashibai and Mastani (Bajirao’s first and second wife respectively) in epic Indian romance.
“I feel unfortunate to not be part of ‘Bajirao Mastani’. I had to be part of “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo”. I have heard the script..it is a very nice script,” Salman Khan said in an interview.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali loves challenges and his films before Padmaavat are proof
- Salman Khan on Padmavati controversy: Sanjay Leela Bhansali's movies never have vulgar and disgusting content
- Ranveer Singh: Playing an anti-hero in Padmavati is a risky move
- Salman Khan would be happy my dream 'Bajirao Mastani' fulfilled: Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Nothing to fret for not doing 'Bajirao Mastani': Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Ranveer Singh to go bald, learn Marathi for 'Bajirao Mastani'
Salman Khan reveals that he and Kareena had even done a photoshoot for ‘Bajirao Mastani’ but later he could not proceed with the film.
“Me and Kareena also did a photo session together. (Now) I have seen the promo of it (Bajirao Mastani) …it has been done on a large scale. I think all three -Ranveer, Priyanka and Deepika are amazing,” he added.
‘Bajirao Mastani’ is going to release on December 18.