“Udta Punjab”, a thriller directed by Abhishek Chaubey of “Ishqiya” fame, also features Shahid Kapoor and Punjabi star Diljit Dosanjh in lead roles and is being produced by Phantom Films and Balaji Motion Pictures.
The film focuses on the drug problem in the state through four different stories of the principal characters.
“It is too soon to talk about the project. I feel blessed that I will work with her (Kareena). I am really happy to share screen space with her. It’s a big deal for me,” Alia told PTI in an interview here.
The four-film-old actress said she has already learnt a lot by just observing Kareena, 34, on the film’s set. “I have been on the sets when she was shooting and I was observing her the way she acted. I learnt from the way she did her scenes. She is my idol. In real life, she is warm, down-to-earth to person,” she said.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan: Hindi films are now portraying women in a progressive way
- Big Zee Entertainment Awards 2017 winners list: Alia Bhatt, Shahid Kapoor and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan win top honors. See photos, videos
- Udta Punjab's teaser poster and logo revealed
- Not standing opposite Kareena Kapoor in 'Udta Punjab': Alia Bhatt
- Saif is a 'lucky man' to have me in his life, says Kareena Kapoor
- There is no similarity between Kareena and Alia: Shahid Kapoor
The 22-year-old actress, who made her debut with Karan Johar’s “Student of the Year” has entertained the audience with her notable performances in “Highway”, “2 States” and “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania”.
Besides “Udta Punjab”, her upcoming films include Vikas Bahl’s “Shaandaar” with Shahid , “Kapoor and Sons” opposite Sidharth Malhotra and Karan Johar’s most talked-about project “Shuddhi” with Varun Dhawan.
“There is pressure but it is not because I am having big films to shoot. I think whatever work you do, there is going to be some kind of pressure. I am not getting scared… I’m rather excited. I just hope people like all my films and I am able to entertain the audience,” Alia said.