Fawad Khan breaks his silence: I pray we can live in more peaceful world

Fawad Khan speaks for the first time after MNS issued a ban on Pakistani artistes in India. The Pakistani actor says both the nations can together build a peaceful world.

Written by Mimansa Shekhar | New Delhi | Updated: October 8, 2016 11:28 am
fawad khan, pakistani actor fawad khan, fawad khan mns ban, fawad khan speaks on mns ban, fawad khan breaks silence, fawad khan facebook post, fawad khan pakistan india controversy, fawad khan sadaf, fawad khan father, fawad khan false news, fawad khan bollywood, fawad khan news, fawad khan statement, fawad khan actor, fawad khan mahira khan, fawad khan ae dil hai mushkil, fawad khan uri attacks, bollywood news, mns controversy, indian express, indian express news Fawad Khan has been facing flak from fans for remaining silent on the Uri attack. he has finally written a Facebook post about the same.

After days of speculations about when will Fawad Khan open up about the lingering issue around the ban of Pakistani artistes in Bollywood, the actor has spoken up! In an official post on Facebook, the Pakistani heartthrob explained his sudden departure from India and why he has so far remained silent on the entire matter. He has also thrashed all recent reports which claimed that Fawad has given a disappointing statement against India on his return to Pakistan. Fawad was among a list of Pakistani artistes, who were targetted by the MNS in the aftermath of the Uri attack. MNS had demanded a ban on Fawad along with Mahira Khan, Atif Aslam and Ali Zafar in Bollywood and even threatened them to go back within 48 hours.

Fawad had flown back to Lahore few days back, as his wife Sadaf was expecting the couple’s second child. Sadaf gave birth to a baby girl late on Tuesday. Fawad’s manager had confirmed the report to Pakistani media. Now, sensing that Fawad has got some time out from his family stuff, he has taken to Facebook to post his statement. He wrote:

I’ve been in Lahore since July as my wife and I had been expecting our second child. I’ve received numerous requests from the media and from well wishers worldwide asking me for my thoughts on the sad incidents that took place in the past few weeks. As a father of two little children, I pray and wish like many others that together we can build and live in a more peaceful world. I believe we owe it to our children who will shape our tomorrow. This is the first time I have spoken on the matter. Please disregard any other words attributed to me during this time because I have not said them. I thank all my fans and fellow artists from Pakistan, India and people in general all over the world who have shown continued support for their belief in love and understanding to unite a divisive world.

Check out the post here.

Fawad’s statement comes a day after two other Pakistan artistes — singer Shafqat Amanat Ali and actor Mawra Hocane, condemned the Uri attacks and showed concern over the rising terror strikes on the border. While Fawad’s post talks about peace, without supporting any nation in specific. But he does make a point!

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

1. I
    Ikok
    Oct 7, 2016 at 4:37 pm
    It is merely a matter of little time when Indians will be looking for jobs in stan.. India is now become more radicalized and top the racist list..
    1. I
      Ikok
      Oct 7, 2016 at 4:53 pm
      Terrorist funded by India in Afghanistan.. but we have learned to live and know about our friends and foes
      1. C
        Chandu Shah
        Oct 7, 2016 at 5:29 pm
        Do you know who is the largest asylum seeker group? stani. So wake up
          Pat
          Oct 8, 2016 at 2:14 am
          Dont care about fa....k khan. They are the same t.......ts , we don't want these spies working as actors for bhatts karan and the trashy khans.have people forgotten what bhatts did during 26/11, do we need tgese money suckers illiterate inhuman to tell the intellectual Indians.what we should. Our country and the Defense forces come first,you creepy creatures are to be ignored. We want the mes support not to watch these reel dumb heroes who are anti India like congress. You did well by uprooting congress now it's time we did to amir srk salman bhatts karan. Go Aishwarya gutsy lady. Neha dupia you can sell kiss up of srklt;br/gt;tvwatch
            Radha
            Oct 7, 2016 at 10:37 pm
            He said a lot of things but didn't say anything. He just put words out to clear his name and has not said anything about the Uri attacks or terrorism emanating from his country. This shows how much he loves India and Indian people. I expect no loyalty from him towards India but as a human these attacks need to be condemned when he has done the same for other terror attacks across the world. One thing is clearly certain, Mr. Khan don't bother applying for roles in Bollywood because you are not going to get any work in India henceforth.
              abhishek kumar
              Oct 7, 2016 at 3:41 pm
              VERY GOOD BUT DON'T COME HERE AGAIN !!!
                Shafiq
                Oct 8, 2016 at 9:51 am
                if you dig up in history the Hindus were Aryans who came to India exterminated native people called Drawarians who were declared untouchables and they are untouchable to this day so get out of Indian mainland Hindus if Kashmiris are outsiders then you are outsiders as well
                  Ananda Murti
                  Oct 8, 2016 at 10:43 am
                  Regardless of the current dispute I have a doubt. Why are producers importing Pak actors? Don't we enough actors in India?