Adapted from a timeless Charles Dickens classic ‘Great Expectations’, ‘Fitoor’ has all eyes on it considering the fresh pairing of Katrina Kaif and Aditya Roy Kapur. What also adds to the grandeur are the costumes of the actors. However, it seems that National Award winning designer Niharika Khan, who was creating costumes for the film, suddenly decided to make an exit.
- 'Fitoor' cast Katrina Kaif and Aditya Ry Kapur to flaunt Tarun Tahiliani's new line on ramp
- Katrina Kaif approached me for 'Fitoor' role: Abhishek Kapoor
- Hardest thing in 'Fitoor' was to pretend Tabu is my mother: Katrina Kaif
- Revealed: First look of Katrina Kaif-starrer, 'Fitoor'
- Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur lock lips in Kashmir for 'Fitoor'
- First Look: Katrina Kaif to play heartbreaker, Rekha a begum in 'Fitoor'
Niharika Khan, after working on the film’s costumes for over a year, completed more than 50 percent of the film’s work. However, her sudden exit has set many tongues wagging. Speculations are on the rise that the designer’s unprofessionalism has cost her the film. But a source close to the production house denies it and claims that her one year contract with them has ended which resulted in her exit.
However, Niharika Khan has a different story to tell. According to the popular fashion designer who has also worked on the period drama Bombay Velvet, the costumes she designed for the film were way beyond the studio’s budget. She tried convincing them over the money but the deal fell through and she decided to quit.
‘Fitoor’ also stars Rekha, Lara Dutta, Aditi Rao Hydari and is directed by Abhishek Kapoor. It is slated to release on February 12, 2016.