The 20th Annual Life OK Screen Awards, one of Bollywood’s biggest award nights, saw B-town beauties and hunks hit the red carpet in their finest gowns and bandhgalas on Tuesday. Deepika Padukone who went home with two trophies — Popular Choice and Jury awards for Best Actor (Female) — wore a jet-black Alexander McQueen gown with gold detailing. Her hair was pulled back into a sleek puff and the geometric golden earrings and rings completed the sharp look.
Sonakshi Sinha, who walked the red carpet in an Amit GT creation, was also among the best-dressed celebrities. Sinha looked stunning in a peach mermaid gown with sheer and sequin detailing all over her outfit and the minimalistic make-up added to her look.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Kalki Koechlin stood out in her Nikhil Thampi sari gown, while Dedh Ishqiya actor, Huma Qureshi wore a maroon off-shoulder slit gown by the same designer. The side-swept hairdo and the bold chunky golden ear cuffs helped Qureshi add the much-needed drama to her outfit. Koechlin’s mustard-and-black outfit, looked elegant and sassy with the net detailing that allowed the petite actress to show off her legs. The knotted pallu added to Koechlin’s edgy look on the red carpet.
Another Indian designer, Gaurav Gupta, who has been making waves internationally, was the man behind Shruti Haasan’s blue-and-black sheer gown. Haasan kept her look balanced with black earrings and striking red lips. Gupta also had designed UK socialite Lady Victoria Harvey’s bold sheer gown that she wore at the Golden Globe Awards held earlier this week.
Though saris have always been red carpet favourites, Adhuna Akhtar made heads turn with her cream sari worn with her pallu draped over her shoulder. Golden rosettes in her short-cropped hair and a matching envelope clutch completed the look.
Among the best-dressed men, newcomer Amit Sadh looked sharp in a black Shantanu and Nikhil blazer, while Ranveer Singh, who also hosted the show with Shah Rukh Khan, looked dapper in a Tom Ford velvet suit. Farhan Akhtar, Kunal Khemu, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and Riteish Deshmukh adorned the flavour of the season in men’s fashion — the Jodhpuri bandhgalas — symbolising a mix of class and tradition.
Since women’s bandhgalas have been touted as the next big thing, especially in bridal wear collections, Juhi Chawla made an impressive entrance in a long ivory bandhgala jacket embellished with sequins worn over a black lehenga designed by Vikram Phadnis.