Writer-lyricist Javed Akhtar is considered a legend for his contribution to Hindi cinema over the last four-five decades. However, he claimed that not only him, but his family has a rich tradition of producing great writers, with his children Farhan and Zoya being the eighth generation writers in the family.
“So, I am a seventh generation writer in my family while Farhan and Zoya are eighth generation writers. And Farhan’s daughter has also started writing, making her a ninth generation writer in the family,” he said at an event here.
- Farhan Akhtar on Richa Chadha's casting couch comment: I think it's present everywhere
- Javed Akhtar: I don't know why people remix old songs
- There have been cases where men have been stalked and falsely accused: Farhan Akhtar weighs in on the Hrithik-Kangana controversy
- Lucknow Central actor Farhan Akhtar on his dreams, father Javed Akhtar and the worrying trend in Bollywood
- It would've been surprising if I hadn't become a writer: Javed Akhtar
- The Farhan and Zoya Akhtar show!
Present at the launch of Debashish Irengbam’s book “Me, Mia, Multiple” along with actor Arjun Kapoor, Akhtar said: “I’ve been fortunate to be born in a family where both my parents were writers. Even my uncles, my grandfathers and their fathers were writers.”
“I was born in an atmosphere where there were books and talk of literature all around me,” he added.
Akhtar also stressed on how the Progressive Writers’ movement and various Russian literature influenced the writer in him.