Farhan Akhtar had a small role in sister Zoya Akhtar’s movie ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’, but he made sure to mane an impact with his stint on camera.
The actor, who has created MARD, a platform to promote gender equality also did his bit by the role he played on screen in the movie.
Farhan instantly agreed to play the role of Sunny when he was narrated the script. Farhan has always chosen to express this belief through MARD – Men Against Rape and Discrimination.
- 3 Storeys: Five reasons to watch Sharman Joshi and Renuka Shahane starrer
- Farhan Akhtar didn’t want Aamir Khan to play Akash in Dil Chahta Hai. Here’s who was his first choice
- Farhan Akhtar to spread awareness about influenza
- Farhan Akhtar watches ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’s trailer, but can’t show it to anybody
- ‘Wazir’ is a complete film for me: Farhan Akhtar
- Farhan Akhtar urges for gender equality
The series of events that happen in the film are in tandem to the beliefs of Farhan. While shooting for the film, Farhan realised that it was no different from the real life events.
The actor could do justice to the role because his real life beliefs are what his character stands up for on screen.